Nancy Christie has been in the writing business since the mid-1980s, and has been a fulltime writer since 1996. While she began her career writing for newspapers and magazines, she now specializes as a copywriter for advertising agencies and public relations firms, and also presents workshops and talks on the creative and business aspects of being a writer.
Nancy Christie is the author of the award-winning Rut-Busting Book for Writers, The Gifts of Change, and Traveling Left of Center and Other Stories, with two more books forthcoming: Rut-Busting Book for Authors and Peripheral Visions and Other Stories.
Nancy Christie’s Tips for Succeeding as a Freelancer Copywriter
- Nancy, you have been a full-time freelancer for more than two decades. How has the industry changed in that time?
- Is there a demand for copywriters in the world today? Where are the opportunities?
- Why do you think you’ve been successful as a freelance copywriter?
- The idea of calling your own shots sounds great. But what’s the reality of the freelance life?
- For those people who are thinking of pursuing a career as a freelance copywriter, what are your top three tips?
For more information about Nancy Christie, visit her website at www.nancychristie.com, where you can sign up for her newsletters and read her blogs. Also, check out her most recent book on Amazon, Rut-Busting Book for Writers. You can also follow her on Twitter at @NChristie_OH.
This podcast is brought to you by Annie Jennings, of the national publicity firm, Annie Jennings PR and creator of the EliteWire online magazine. Learn more about Annie Jennings at www.AnnieJenningsPR.com